Wednesday, September 24, 2014

When I Suggested This For Greensboro They Told Me It Wouldn't Work

I tried to get the City of Greensboro to install waste-2-energy plants at the White Street Landfill before it was closed. I suggested the City begin with a pilot program then scale up. I was told it wouldn't work.

I argued that W2E would solve Greensboro's long term waste problems, bring high tech, high paying jobs to East Greensboro and produce revenue for the City of Greensboro. Some called me crazy.

Now we learn that the entire nation of Sweden runs on W2E and is importing garbage from other countries while Greensboro continues to fall behind spending $Millions upon $Millions of Dollars a year hauling our garbage to a rapidly filling landfill in Montgomery County while searching for new landfill sites.

Why are the people who run our city in charge of anything?