Friday, February 10, 2012

Asking The Rhino Times

I'm sending the following e-mail to John Hammer of The Rhino Times in hopes of soliciting his help in bringing the PAC to the little green circle instead of downtown Greensboro. John grew up in the Aycock neighborhood not far from my East Greensboro neighborhood and like myself, is a lifelong resident of Greensboro.

Subject: Performing Arts Center

John,
I don't know but I doubt you're in favor of building the downtown performing arts center and you probably won't be in favor of my ideas either. I'm thinking that if a performing arts center is to be built, it should be built not downtown but in the most economically ravaged neighborhoods of the city. After all, if the economic hocus-pocus is true and this sort of stimulus works then shouldn't taxpayers' monies be used where they are most needed and not just to fill the pockets of the Roy Carrolls and Robbie Perkinses of Greensboro?

That's why I wanted to let you know about a 3rd option: http://greensboroperformingarts.blogspot.com/

I'll be posting this e-mail online.
Thanks -Billy


I'm awaiting a reply.

Continue to article #32 What's Wrong With This Picture?