Monday, December 17, 2012

RPG Cleared By Greensboro Police

RPG Real Progress For Greensboro

First off, I'd like to thank Detective Finch of the Greensboro Police Department's Intelligence Division for giving me a call today. Because if anyone downtown has concerns about our intentions for gathering tomorrow night at Melvin Municipal Plaza then it could also be true that potential supporters of our cause have concerns too. We are gathering to voice our concerns and discuss plans about how we intend to move forward. Detective Finch assures me we have every legal right to do so.


Detective Finch didn't say but I suspect calls from his department are standard operating procedure whenever a new group appears on the political horizon. It is what I consider good police work. If I had not gotten a call I would have called the detective's boss. It's like I told Chief Wrenn in a private conversation, or maybe it was an e-mail, a few weeks back, 30 years ago you might have had to worry about me but now I'm too old for violence and don't get along well with cell mates.

Besides, I can make dirty politicians so much more miserable as a free man.

So come out tomorrow night and join us. Leave your weapons at home but feel free to bring angry faces and meet in the Melvin Municipal Plaza outside the building where City Council will be meeting. Bring your NO PAC signs and your ideas as to how we can bring Real Progress For Greensboro and make your voices heard so that we'll be ready come January when the Greensboro Performing Arts Center is again brought before the Greensboro City Council.



Some of our group might be speaking to City Council tomorrow night and will join us later.

Violence? We don't need violence, we can starve them out... Yes, you do smell a plan brewing. If enough of Greensboro gets behind me even Greensboro's elites won't be able to afford tickets to GPAC... ever.

And remember, if you're new here and think I'm blowing smoke, I'm the guy who exposed Betty Cone's non profit tax fraud, outed the Mayor's financial woes and  Securities and Exchange Commission problems, and exposed Walker Sanders of the Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro. When I blow smoke there's fire!