Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Yes, I Ran Before

For years I watched local politics from a distance quietly learning what was really going on. Only around 2004 did I start speaking out. In 2007 I ran a 2 week write-in campaign for Mayor of Greensboro while driving a Streetplane around the city, banner in tow. I forced the creation of the Greensboro Gang Unit before the election so Yvonne Johnson could get elected: http://www.greensboro.com/news/columnists/the-blogging-poet-runs-as-what-else-a-write-in/article_b8ca6bad-f669-599e-8228-b573c4b028b0.html

I terrified them all then. I terrify them now.

For example: Earlier this week someone repainted all of Nancy Vaughan's signs on the block in front of the Guilford County Board of Elections, across the street from the Rhino Times to read: "Write In Billy Jones 4 Mayor" and no one has heard a peep about it. Why, because if they make a fuss then they have to tell people I'm running.

I am the status-quo's biggest nightmare.