Sunday, August 5, 2012

Bigger Problems Than A Performing Arts Center

While Greensboro is busy arguing about the need and the placement of a performing arts center, the food pantry where my mother and I volunteer said they wouldn't be needing any volunteers for several days this week. You see, when there's no food in the pantry there's no need for volunteers.

And it's not just my neighborhood pantry. The people who run the pantry went to Urban Ministries to buy food to stock the pantry only to discover Urban Ministry is running out of food as well. Same story at neighborhood pantries all over town. Because my garden produces enough to feed my family I'm able to donate my monthly $200 food stamp allotment to the pantry but that really only feeds one hungry person.

So my advice to Greensboro's elite"movers and shakers" is this: unless you want to see the ground beneath your feet start moving and shaking and the ceilings collapsing on your royal heads you had best be figuring out how to spend some money putting people to work and getting people fed right now!

Fact is: You are facing an invasion from the East and the South that you are not prepared to hold off and you'd best be thinking of ways to pacify roughly 80% of the population of the City of Greensboro before you loose everything you own to desperate people. Are you really prepared to flaunt $60 to $70 Million Dollars of anyone's money in the faces of thousands of desperate people? Go ahead, show off how rich you are and soon you'll be reminded why the Guided Age ended so soon after it began