Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Billy, Stop Rocking The Boat

That's an expression I hear a lot. But it's not something I'm likely to do. You see, when you discover that the boat you've boarded isn't being piloted to the destination to which you were told it was sailing you are left with few options. One is to jump overboard and swim to your destination.

The second option is to stay on the boat until it gets where it's going and then swim to your destination. If you're like me you probably don't have much hope in either of those options.

The third option is to rock the boat. In rocking the boat you scare everyone else on the boat because they too are afraid of swimming. Yes, there is a very profound risk that rocking the boat will toss everyone into the drink but when going into the drink is the only means by which I have to get where I'm going then what have I got to lose? And if enough people get scared of getting wet they will force the captain to adjust course.

So there you have it, Greensboro, if my constant rocking of the boat is making you scared or seasick you are left with 2 options: turn the boat in the direction it is supposed to be going or attempt to throw me off the boat. But I will warn you, past attempts to throw me off the boat, while sometimes sometimes successful, have always resulted in at least some of the throwers being dragged into the murky waters with me.

Or you can continue sailing with captains who attract the nefarious scalawags bent on plundering everything we have.