Saturday, September 29, 2012

John Hammer On Denise Turner Roth

It's no secret to some that I've sent some interesting e-mails to City Manager Denise Turner Roth in recent weeks. I never told her that it was I who sat Chief David Wray down with a group of local bloggers who helped lead to the firing of her former boss, Mitch Johnson. Not that I did anything really, but I did put them all in the same room. John, Jerry, Joe, Roch, Sam, Ben, Ed and lot of other people did a lot more.

John says some nice things about Denise Turner Roth and I agree. While she's only had the job a short while she appears to be doing a bang-up job. In one of my e-mails to her I explained to her that I actually like her even though the tone of my e-mails don't always reflect that and that the real problem was her idiot bosses. (I cc'd some of her bosses that same e-mail) Have you ever worked in a job where you had to answer to more than one boss? I have and I can tell you it's a freaking nightmare as each and every boss has their own agenda and not all their agendas are in the best interest of the common goal.

Like John, I will allow Ms Turner Roth to make mistakes. Hell, it's not like I don't-- this blog is littered with them. Collateral damage and friendly fire incidents are the biggest drawbacks to freelance Tyrannicide but hey, that's what I do. John was right about the funding for Center City Park. Myself and many others have long called it into question as not making sense and being the skeptic I am the only reason I can see to reroute part of the funding is so that Downtown Greensboro Incorporated can enguage in a bit of double billing. Which, intended or not is exactly what they're doing.

Rumor has it that City Manager Denise Turner Roth has ordered audits of Downtown Greensboro Incorporated, Action Greensboro, the Greensboro Partnership, the Greensboro Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, Downtown Greensboro Improvement Corporation, Downtown Greensboro Foundation, the Greensboro Economic Development Alliance, and the Greensboro Chamber of Commerce and a number of other connected City funded non profits throughout Guilford County and beyond. It's my hope that she calls for an independent 3rd party audit of every organization receiving funding from the City of Greensboro.

Then we can talk about the leaked Garner Report paid for with city tax dollars and suppressed by the Greensboro Partnership because they "thought" Greensboro would be better off without it.

And Denise, if your bosses don't want to pay for an independent 3rd party audit you can just leak that to the local bloggers and social networkers and we'll make it happen for you. No need for e-mails, I know you know someone who knows us.