Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Get Off Your Ass, Greensboro

After I wrote, GPAC Is Not Dead it was pointed out to me privately by several people who genuinely care about Greensboro and me, that my having admitted a history of mental illness and that the Greensboro Police admitted concerns about my intentions that I had probably scared people away. I can live with that.

But with or without me you need to be gathering together as a group and planning ways to make sure Robbie Perkins and the GPAC Task Force doesn't take away your right to vote on the proposed downtown Greensboro performing arts center because that is exactly what is going to happen in just a few days.

You see, to date, there's been almost a $Million Dollars spent in the lead up by the pro PAC elites and they're not going to lie down quietly and let a $Million bucks fly away without getting the results they want even if most of that money was your tax dollars. And if you think GPAC is dead you are crazier than I am. Even if we retain the right to vote you can expect Mayor Perkins and GPAC supports to attempt to use public money to fund a media campaign to try and convince voters to vote yes come November. They'll think nothing of spending a few more $Million of your tax dollars to convince you to change your mind. Think about it.

So organize, Greensboro! Get off your butts and do something! You don't need me, you never did need me. All you need to do is get off your asses! And if you do it without me I'll be proud of you just as if I were there.