Monday, December 10, 2012

Uptown Greensboro Newsletter

Got the following e-mail today and thought I would pass it along to those who are interested in promoting real growth in Northeast Greensboro:

"Good Afternoon,
My name is Joseph Wilkerson and I am a business owner at 1007 Arnold Street here in Greensboro, NC. I operate a working artist studio & gallery called "Uptown Artworks" and just recently publish a newspaper-magazine called "Uptown Greensboro." It's currently available at several Greensboro libraries.

I'm writing you, because I was forwarded an email in reference to northeast Greensboro and wanted to introduce myself to you and my idea. I would like to create an "Uptown Greensboro" to promote the "live, work, shop, dine, play, and worship" community that resides in the area. I believe this underserved side of town has real potential and I would like to help bring it into fruition. Sometime before February 2013, I would like to begin to reach out to the community visionaries like yourselves and begin mapping out ways to move this community forward.

All that ask of you all that may be interested in being involved, is to add your name to our newsletter - http://eepurl.com/laCWz

In the meantime, I've attached a map of UptownGSO and hope to meet with you all soon!

Thank you for your time,
jOseph

facebook.com/UptownGreensboro
UptownGreensboro.com
"