Monday, July 15, 2013

My Latest Submission To The N&R

Let's see if they print this one:


What Does It Take To Get Your Attention?

In response to Joe Killian's article, Upscale conflict, Sunday, July 14, I have spent the last 2 years addressing those very concerns at my blog, East Greensboro Performing Arts Center, e-mailing my posts to the entire Greensboro City Council, Greensboro City Manager, City Staff and editors and reporters at the News & Record, News 2 and other local media outlets. All to no avail.

I pointed out the dangers of gentrification-- repeatedly. I warned you people were angry. I tried to make you understand that life on the streets-- where I come from-- is very different from Greensboro's leaders' perceptions of what life is really like in Greensboro's working class neighborhoods. I appeared before city council And even though thousands of Greensboro residents read my blog every month Greensboro's leaders still did nothing. Nothing that is, except continue the mistakes I warned them against.

That is, until there was a "riot."

Is that what Greensboro's working class must do to get the attention of Greensboro's leaders and the local media who caters to their every whim? If yes then lets have a few more riots.


As Hell Day continues...