Monday, December 9, 2013

Donnie Turlington Takes Over

I got word today that Donnie Turlington has been placed in charge of fulfilling PIRTs (Public Information Releases) on behalf of the City of Greensboro and that City Manager, Denise Turner Roth will no longer have control of communications.

In other words: we bloggers won. My thanks to Councilmen Mike Barber, Tony Wilkins and others for making this happen.

Update: Donnie sends the following e-mail:

" Just a clarification on your blog post. I’m not sure what you mean by the fact that she will not have control of communications, but she plays an important part of guiding our communications efforts at the City.  Also, I report to the City Manager – and always have.

Basically, this move puts the day-to-day management of the records under my purview and the new PIRT administrator will report to the me. I’ve always managed a portion of public records requests, but will now be managing the full process.

FYI - We hope to have the PIRT administrator on board in January and will be transitioning everything to my office over the next few weeks. Requestors can still use inforequest@greensboro-nc.gov to make their records requests. I ask for patience to allow us time to work through the current requests that are in the system.

Best,

Donnie"