Thursday, February 13, 2014

Greensboro City Council Gives Incentives Without Seeing Study

Back in December I wrote Downtown Greensboro Wyndham Hotel Study A Fake. I complained then of the city dragging their feet on fulfilling my PIRT (Public Information) request. Not only was the study faked, the Wyndham Hotel Study does not exist. And now I have proof from the City of Greensboro in Public Information Release #3232.

On Tuesday, February 04, 2014 I sent the following public information request as a follow-up to a previous request, to the City of Greensboro:

"Is the City in possession of a feasibility study pertaining to the Wyndham and if so, why was it not provided?"

That same night the Greensboro City Council voted to grant $1.975 Million Dollars in incentives to George House, Milton Kern, Randall Kaplan, Greg Dillon and others to build a Wyndham Hotel on the corner of South Elm and Davie streets.

Yesterday I got the following reply to my request:

"The City does not have a copy of the feasibility study. Once one becomes available, I will send it to you."


If the city doesn't have a copy of the feasibility study then that means no one from the city has any idea if the project is actually feasible.

Of course we're actually talking about 2 different studies with the first being an economic development study and the second being a feasibility study but how is it feasible to do an economic development study without first proving that the project is feasible? 

One more time, how is it feasible to do an economic development study without first proving that the project is feasible?

I believe this constitutes fraud and quite possibly extortion. But I could be wrong. As always I'll be happy to forward the original e-mail to anyone who e-mails me at RecycleBill@gmail.com

And as long as I've got your attention, check out a local true crime story of fraud, crime, corruption, extortion, political leaders on the take, mysterious disappearances, deaths and find out why I'm Being Sued By Rocco Scarfone. 

Update: Today I sent another follow up PIRT request.

"The Urban Guidelines for Incentives says an independent study is one of the requirements before incentives can be granted. It would appear the guidelines were not met. Please send me the score sheets.

Thanks -Billy"

Update 2:  Dang has more!