Friday, March 28, 2014

Eric Robert Sets The Record Straight

Previously I wrote:

"Nancy Baracat Vaughan is the only person in Greensboro openly admitting that Eric Robert's seat on the DGI board is in danger. Most people would assume the threat begins with her. And the fact that she refuses to “remember” names only adds to her appearance of guilt. After all, she was quoted in the Triad City Beat article as saying,

    “Everybody has to own their words.”

Nancy and the Elites must own their words as well and if the rest of the Elites are too cowardly to own them then shooting the messenger– in this case, Mayor Vaughan– becomes the only logical course of action."

It appears I was wrong.

From the comments at Jeff Martin's post The Real Nancy Vaughan: Eric Robert writes:

"Actually, Nancy Vaughan did not threaten me at all but gave me a “Heads Up” instead after jason Canon called her to inform her of what was going on…

She seemed genuinely disappointed about what was happening as she did try to get DGI to a better place and advocated for me to be on the board… all despite Nancy hoffmann’s (and others) best efforts to keep me off. To date Nancy Hoffmann’s still goes around warning people about how they may suffer consequences if they are associated with me…but I digress.

I must admit that It was a little weird for the Mayor to actually let me know this, when it was, in fact, Jason’s job to inform me as he “technically” still works for me as I am “technically” still on the board.

I left numerous messages for Jason, directly and through his staff, and to date, a week later, he has yet to return any of my calls. His contract is due to renew in June…"

From Triad City Beat:

"Robert, the owner of the old Daily Bread Flour Mill complex downtown, said Mayor Nancy Vaughan called on March 21 telling him: “DGI is working on a resolution to kick me off the board because of my blocking tendencies.” Robert suggested some board members might be afraid he would repeat or criticize what they said on his blog.

There is no date set for a vote on involuntarily excusing Robert, and several board members said they hope the issue never comes up despite some movement in that direction.

Members of the board reached for comment said they either didn’t know who was behind the effort to oust Robert or declined to name names. Vaughan said she first heard about a possible move to remove Robert last week but said she couldn’t recall who first told her because she’s had so many conversations with board members at this point.

I really don’t know ‘who is behind it,’” Vaughan said. “I think it had just reached a critical mass.”

But she could tell Eric? Add one more to the ever growing list of Mayor Vaughan's lies. It's about to reach critical mass for you, Madam Mayor with your racist, elitist rule imposing different sets of standards based on who people are or how close they are to you!
One cannot help but wonder why Mayor Vaughan wants to protect Jason Canon from the media if not to provide cover for the Elites. Own your own words, Nancy, why are you providing cover for Jason Canon and Greensboro's Elites while they rob us?

"Because when you're not seen as owning your words you're seen as defending those that defend the enemy.  And those who defend the enemy become the enemy in the eyes of the oppressed."

Nancy Baracat Vaughan has become the enemy of Greensboro's working class. She is the face of Greensboro's Elites.