Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The City Answers: Who Wrote The GPAC Fact Sheet

Yesterday one of my readers had a question as to who wrote the GPAC Fact Sheet as released by the City of Greensboro and confirmed fraudulent by Councilman Mike Barber. I submitted the following public information request:

"Sarah,
One of my readers has asked, Who signed off on the fact sheet for the  Steven B. Tanger Center for the Performing Arts as seen here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/210402649/City-CFGG-Tanger-Center-Project-and-Financing

I would like to be able to answer.
Thank you
-Billy"

Today I received the following answer:

"Dear Billy:
The fact sheet was a team effort involving input from both the City and Community Foundation/Private donor representatives. Both the City and CFGG reviewed and approved before it was distributed. 
Please let me know if you need anything else and I will continue to work on your other requests.
Sincerely,
Sarah"

My reply,

"Names please. My readers are asking for names.
Thanks
-Billy"

Please understand, this isn't Sarah's fault. She's an entry level city worker stuck in the middle between corrupt politicians and assholes like me who actually expect someone to tell the truth. Her job sucks but she has a baby to feed so be nice to her as it's really not her fault.

Update: When I founded this blog just over 2 years ago I could have chosen a pseudonym and established an anonymous e-mail account to do what I do. North Carolina law even allows for anonymous public information requests. But I didn't want to be seen as a coward taking jabs while hiding behind anonymity.

Here we have the very "pillars of our community" hiding behind anonymity with the full blessing of the City of Greensboro. I think it has become quite apparent to the world what kind of city Greensboro has really become.