Monday, May 19, 2014

Greensboro Public Records Policy Draft

Last week I received an e-mail from the City of Greensboro saying that the City would release its new Public Records Policy on Friday, May 23, 8:00 AM in the Plaza Level Conference Room of the Melvin Municipal Office Building and then seek public input.

I expressed concerns that seeking input after the policy was released wasn't really seeking input at all. I mean, seriously folks, if you want the public's opinion you ask the public's help in drafting policy before policy is written, right?

Anyway, someone downtown decided I might be on to something and this morning I was e-mailed an electronic copy of the 2014 Greensboro Public Records Policy DRAFT for folks from all over Greensboro to share, review and if you feel the need, contact the City of Greensboro and express your opinion so that necessary changes might be made.

Could it be they're getting smarter downtown? I'd certainly like to think so.