Saturday, June 7, 2014

Neighborhood Watch Said

An anonmoyous commenter calling herself Neighborhood Watch with a Blogger profile created June 14, 2014 has challenged the accuracy of two of my posts concerning Greensboro City Councilwoman Nancy Hoffman and her business partners James R Budd and Nick Joseph Piornack.

In the comments to my post Mayor Vaughan Still Suffers From Perkins Syndrome she wrote:

"Why not report how the city's malfunctioning sewer shut down the business for two weeks. Report that that the weather didnt cooperate. The railroad decided to shut downthe street to repair a track for the first time in 30 years.. Report that this improvement benefited everyone on the southside because of lack of parking. Report that sometimes it is nice to see the city give someone out of the normal good ole boy network a chance in this city. Report the whole story not the hole story my friend."

I replied:

"What in the hell are you talking about?"

Yes, I can be rather short sometimes. I don't live downtown and I don't keep up with train schedules. Apparently Hoffman and her partners didn't either. As for the sewer system? I've been warning Greensboro residents for over 20 years that downtown Greensboro's antique sewer system is in dire need of repairs and cannot handle the ever increasing loads being placed on it by increased downtown construction-- especially big users like restaurants and hotels. It's just that when people use events I've long said would happen as excuses it pisses me off. It's like the time when your Daddy told you not to drive the car because it was overheating but you wouldn't listen, drove it anyway and turned a $200 radiator repair into a $2,000 engine repair. It wasn't your Daddy's fault.

And in my story, Momentum Partners James R Budd, Nick Joseph Piornack And Nancy Hoffmann: It's Time To Come Clean Or Run Like Hell! she commented:

"Again you have only part of the story. I would point you in the right direction, however you like the Msnm only report the partial facts. you will not be satisfied until you destroy everything good to kill one snake. "

She's right that I have only part of the story. As a matter of fact: in the very article she commented on I urged Nancy Hoffman, Jim Budd and Nick Piornack to:

"It's time he, Mr Piornack and Councilwoman Hoffmann came out of hiding, took reporters' telephone calls and started answering questions: Pronto!"

Could I be any clearer than that? As I replied to Neighborhood Watch whoever she might be:

"Please try me instead of hiding behind what you think I might do. Or just go away and prove me right-- your call.

The comment feature allows hyperlinks just like the main portion of the blog, you can link to evidence, photographs, documents, newspaper articles, etc...

The fact that you choose not to do so only strengthens my case.

Again-- your call."

I'm betting the most we ever get out of Ms Neighborhood Watch is more bitching but for once I'd like to be proven wrong as I'm still holding what I believe to be the trump card.

Prove me wrong, Ms Neighborhood Watch, prove me wrong. Greensboro developer Marty Kotis and Councilman Tony Wilkins both proved me wrong by presenting evidence to the contrary and now I'm among their biggest supporters. We don't always agree but I support them still. Are you man enough or woman enough to present the evidence and prove me wrong or will you simply do like most and simply hurl accusations at me?

And Tony and Marty never hid behind anonymity, why do you?

 Update: Sunday, June 8, 2014 On my post Momentum Partners James R Budd, Nick Joseph Piornack And Nancy Hoffmann: It's Time To Come Clean Or Run Like Hell! Neighborhood Watch returned to say:

"A hyperlink will not tell the whole story. I know that doesn't matter to you or the msm. You are the worst kind. Scream bloody murder just like a witch trial."

I calmly and rightly replied:

"As I predicted, you prefer to hurl insults rather than tell "your side of the story. The invitation has been cast,  it remains your call.

My e-mail address and a link to my Facebook page are at the top of the page, commenting here is open to anyone. You can only make yourself look worse by staying in the dark hurling insults.

It appears you are the one screaming bloody murder but pointing at no one but yourself as the perpetrator.

You dug this hole, now dig yourself out."

What's wrong with the truth? Why hide behind accusing me of not being willing to allow both sides of the story to be told when I'm making every effort humanly possible to give this person the chance to tell her side of the story? Why haven't Nancy Hoffman and her business partners James R Budd and Nick Joseph Piornack gone public if everything they've done is within the law?