Monday, June 23, 2014

Roch And Billy


Funny, he repeatedly calls me a liar but confirms what I wrote months ago.

Roch and I haven't gotten along of late. Not since I began exposing problems associated with Greensboro City Councilman Mike Barber. While I haven't seen any significant reduction in readership Roch did remove my blogs from Greensboro101.com, he said because I was publishing lies but I believe it was retaliation for privately exposing a secret to those who were a part of the e-mail thread in which we were arguing. You see, Roch also removed Formerly BloggingPoet and Billy's Two Wheeled Musings at the same time. And I don't publish my political rants to those blogs. For those reasons I find it hard to believe that Roch's motives were anything other than revenge.

Roch is correct in his concerns about Union Square Campus. As far as I'm concerned the entire project is corrupt. The latest development group never took possession of the property because they don't want to pay city and county property taxes on the property until it becomes a sealed deal.

And then there's the matter of renting a university campus to the State of North Carolina in what appears to be perpetuity-- has that ever been done? And would that be fair to the taxpayers of North Carolina? If Greensboro wants a downtown campus them why not sell the property directly to the university system, leave out the middle men, save state taxpayers $Billions in the long run and quite doing favors for politically connected developers? Voters state wide should be up in arms about the secret deals going on behind closed doors here in Greensboro and it's good that Roch has finally taken it on all these months later. Where in the hell is Ben Holder?


As an aside, Roch also appears to be proving me correct on Councilwoman Nancy Hoffman. Twice in one day folks!

As for Roch? Well he e-mailed me a very nasty e-mail this morning in response to my post Greensboro's Other Landfills: Part 1, in which Roch wrote:

"I just read your blog post. It's Interesting, but you make it sickening to have to wade through all the personal attacks, threats, drama and hyper confrontational bull crap to get to the occasional nugget. Why won't you just report the facts instead of making everything a soap opera? I'd rather just wait to read it in Yes! than wade through the depressing morass of your blog."

And then when I replied to him that it's the truth he wrote:

"well, 5% of it anyway."

And yet he continues to blog things that confirm what I wrote months ago. I mean seriously Roch, you don't appreciate my writing style-- I get it-- but I'm not and have never claimed to be a journalist. But to accuse me of lying because you don't like my writing style?


Well, maybe that's not your intent but it sure as hell looks that way to myself and others. Billy doesn't write like a journalist so why don't we discount everything he writes? Isn't that exactly what corrupt politicans would have you do if you were one of their agents?

Roch, it was never my intent to go after you and when others wanted me to do so I refused. I even asked others not to go after you believing you'd eventually come to see the truth. But when you continued to stand up for Mike Barber and accused me of lying despite the fact that no one else in the e-mail thread disagreed it became hard for all of us to understand your loyality. Then I was presented evidence from multiple and unrelated sources (Sources that are usually at odds with one another) that you had business relationships with Mike Barber which you denied but listed on your resume to prospective clients. Now who's lying Roch?

And yet to this day you accuse me of lying while you continue to prove me correct. I care about you, Roch. Get help. I mean seriously, if you're going to keep accusing me of lying you're going to have to stop agreeing with me.