Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Union Still Out Of Square

The following is not a receipt:




And yet that is what was provided to me by the City of Greensboro in response to public information request #5359 when I asked for  All receipts, All receipts payable and All receipts due for the South Elm Street redevelopment project.

And when I e-mailed Katherine Carter, City Attorney Tom Carruthers and Greensboro Mayor Nancy Barakat Vaughan to ask them to reopen my public information request they all ignored my e-mail, failed to reply for the last 7 days and never reopened my request.

So late last night I submitted the following public information request:

"Please send me All receipts, All receipts payable and All receipts due for the South Elm Street redevelopment project.

Thank you
-Billy Jones"

Below is a screen shot of the automatically generated response I got from the City of Greensboro showing I did send a request.



This is now the 3rd time I have asked the City of Greensboro to fulfill the same public information request. What are they hiding.

Why receipts and not a ledger? Receipts have names on them. Names of who paid the money and who the money was paid to.

Just because Eric Robert dropped his law suit doesn't mean Mayor Vaughan and City Staff aren't trying to keep something hidden.

It's too bad I can't get hundreds, perhaps thousands of people to use the City's public request system and submit the same questions I asked so all of you would understand how big the problem really is. But no, you won't get off your sorry asses to keep yourselves from getting ripped-off, you'd rather just bitch and they bank on it.

And you call me a loser... Well at least I stood up and fought...

While you're here, if you haven't been reading already you might want to tune into my continuing series Thomas Carruthers Attacked By Rabid Dogs and get an idea of what kind of people are in charge of Greensboro. There's more surprises to come.