Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Write-In John Brown For District 5

Apparently some folks never give up. While it is true that state law forbids a candidate from running a write-in campaign for the office for which he was eliminated in a primary, nothing that I have read thus far seems to prohibit that same person from running a write-in campaign for a different office.

And so it is, several readers from District 5 have contacted me to tell me that a woman is canvassing District 5 voters, calling them in the hopes they will write-in John Brown for District 5, Greensboro City Council. Earlier today I e-mailed  Guilford County Board of Elections Director Charlie Collicutt to ask:



So we still don't know as none of my readers want to be identified. Still, on election day we'll see if such an effort took place and what the results might be. Could the great white hope still find a place in Greensboro government?