Friday, March 16, 2012

GPAC2012 ‏ @gpac2012

I got the following Tweet from @gpac2012 today:

"Thanks @VeggieStalker for sharing your ideas and thoughts on #GPAC2012 The Task Force values opinions from the G'boro community
4:26 PM - 16 Mar"

I'm pretty sure that was in response to my article, An Open Letter To GPAC2012. So I decided to check my e-mail.

Nope, nothing there. I use the e-mail address GreensboroPerformingArtsCenter@gmail.com for e-mails related to my efforts to get the Greensboro Performing Arts Center build in the little green circle in Northeast Greensboro. I guess it takes all day to write, "Thanks @VeggieStalker for sharing your ideas and thoughts on #GPAC2012 The Task Force values opinions from the G'boro community"

Then there was Allen Johnson's response to Anyone Notice How The News & Record Leaves The Rest Of Greensboro Out Of The Conversation Concerning The Greensboro Performing Arts Center? in the comments on his blog:

"GreensboroPerformingArtsCenter
March 16, 2012 - 10:27 am EDT

Allen, why no mention of your old neighborhood? http://greensboroperformingarts.blogspot.com/2012/03/anyone-notice-how-n...

Reply to this comment

Allen Johnson
March 16, 2012 - 10:40 am EDT

I care deeply about my old neighborhood. I'm just not sold that it's the best spot for an arts center. But if a solid case could be made, I'd listen.

Reply to this comment

GreensboroPerformingArtsCenter
March 16, 2012 - 11:37 am EDT

A solid case is being made: http://greensboroperformingarts.blogspot.com/p/contents.html

Reply to this comment

GreensboroPerformingArtsCenter
March 16, 2012 - 12:06 pm EDT

I'll cut to the chase. If the arguments being made to promote a DGPAC are true then it stands to reason that your old neighborhood deserves the same chance: http://greensboroperformingarts.blogspot.com/2012/01/performing-arts-as-...

After all, we've been getting ripped off for over 50 years: http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php/topic/3155-downtown-greensbo...

Reply to this comment

Allen Johnson
March 16, 2012 - 1:14 pm EDT

I've read your blog before on a performing arts center for east Greensboro. You raise some interesting questions. Have you shared them with the task force? Do you intend to?"

As a matter of fact, I have. But apparently Allen hasn't read, An Open Letter To GPAC2012.

Actually, the entire point of this post and the 2 posts prior are to make sure neither the N&R nor the Performing Arts Center Task Force can make the claim that they didn't know there were other options for places to build Greensboro's PAC other than downtown or the Greensboro Coliseum Complex. Or that anyone would want the PAC to be built elsewhere.

I'm pretty sure their knowledge of my efforts and opinions can now be confirmed. The question remains, "How can we have a feasibility study that doesn't include other areas of Greensboro including the area inside the little green circle?" Now, do they consider the rest of Greensboro or will they try to tune us out? As of today over 2500 people have read this blog. East Greensboro Performing Arts Center has #1 placement at Google Blog Search, front page at Google.com and front page at Bing. I'll let them decide if they really want an open and honest discussion. But I'll not be ignored.

Now that that is done I'm going to go out on a limb by saying, the only way a Greensboro Performing Arts Center will be approved in 2012 is if it is to be built somewhere other than downtown or the Greensboro Coliseum Complex. Without Greensboro's working class neighborhoods they will never get enough votes to pass a ballot.

Hang on to your hats, the ride is about to get faster!

This is the 68th article in my series. If you'd like to read them all the way through you can begin with Why Not East Greensboro? or browse the Table of Contents. And yes, volunteers are needed should you like to do more.

Continue to article #69. Downtown Greensboro Is A Great Location For A Performing Arts Center?