Thursday, February 6, 2014

I'm Being Sued By Rocco Scarfone: Part 2

Yesterday, after posting I'm Being Sued By Rocco Scarfone I sent the following e-mail to the lawyers of Rossabi, Black & Slaughter. I wasn't sure which skum bag lawyer would take on a client such as Rocco Scarfone so I e-mailed them all. I CC'd a few interested parties at the City of Greensboro as well. You know, being that Mr Scarfone has long been cited as such a hero downtown.

"arossabi@lawfirmrbs.com,tkblack@lawfirmrbs.com,jslaughter@lawfirmrbs.com
sblack@lawfirmrbs.com,emeister@lawfirmrbs.com,tvaporis@lawfirmrbs.com,
calbright@lawfirmrbs.com,greardon@lawfirmrbs.com,mchase@lawfirmrbs.com,
mtaliercio@lawfirmrbs.com,jreutter@lawfirmrbs.com,bklein@lawfirmrbs.com,
jraymer@lawfirmrbs.com,rcforman@lawfirmrbs.com

cc: Mujeeb Shah-Khan ,zack.matheny@greensboro-nc.gov,"Vaughan, Nancy (Mayor)" ,"Abuzuaiter, Marikay" ,Nancy.Hoffmann@greensboro-nc.gov,Mikebarberlaw@aol.com,"Fox, Jamal" ,"Yvonne.Johnson@greensboro-nc.gov"

I opened my mailbox today only to find a letter from attorneys Rossabi, Black & Slaughter telling me I had recently published false and defamatory statements about Rocco Scarfone. http://greensboroperformingarts.blogspot.com/2014/02/im-being-sued-by-rocco-scarfone.html

Now you'll have an easier means to threaten me on Mr Scarfone's behalf. Of course, it will bring about much more negative attention to your client who already has a well known criminal record locally: https://www.google.com/#q=rocco+scarfone+greensboro+shooting Perhaps you should research your clients more closely.

Thank you
-Billy Jones, your friendly, freelance neighborhood Tyrannicide"

In their letter they brought up 3 blog posts. I'll begin with the 3rd post and the statements Scarfone's lawyers cited as false and defamatory:

Rocco Scarfone Steals Woman's Wedding Ring And What Really Happened To Joey Medaloni

"(a) "I was told a story recently about how local mobster Rocco Scarfone collected debts on a business deal that went bad by forcefully taking the wedding band from the finger of the wife of the man with whom he'd made the deal."

(b)  "Rocco's primary business is and has long been money laundering."

Funny, Rocco Scarfone's lawyers made no mention of my remarks about the actual money laundering that was the cause of Joey Medaloni, real name, Joey Cain, having been sentenced to probation. My guess is Rocco doesn't want Joey to come back to Greensboro to testify. Well guess what Rocco? I've successfully represented myself in court against corporations and corporate lawyers before-- I can subpena anyone I think pertinent to my case. It's easy, you fill out a few forms, pay a few small fees, the district attorney issues a subpena to the sheriff's department, the sheriff's department contacts the sheriff's department where Joey currently resides and Joey is served. It's mostly just leg work from one part of the courthouse to another. I've got no job so I've got plenty of time.

Joey did say when he left that he was coming back to Greensboro someday, perhaps now is the time.

Nor did Scarfone's lawyers mention Scarfone's criminal record or the fact that I wrote that Scarfone's legal ownership of Ham's Restaurants is in question despite many published media reports citing Scarfone as the owner of Hams. (More on that in a later post)

I look forward to going to court against Rocco Scarfone. After all, I have no assets, nothing to lose, nothing of value. What are they going to take from me-- 7 chickens? Greensboro destroyed everything I owned years ago. This is a chance for the truth to finally come to light, to find out if the things said about Rocco Scarfone in bars, restaurants, construction sites and anywhere people gather in Greensboro are really true. I would think Rocco to be happy to know he'll be paying Rossabi, Black & Slaughter to finally bring the truth to light.

Please continue reading I'm Being Sued By Rocco Scarfone: Part 3.