Thursday, February 6, 2014

I'm Being Sued By Rocco Scarfone: Part 3

I got a telephone call today from Bill O'Neil of WXII TV 12. Seems he was interested enough in my story, I'm Being Sued By Rocco Scarfone that he came by the house with a cameraman to interview me. If Rocco's intention was to scare me away he screwed up. When backed in a corner I've no choice but to fight.

Frankly, I'm not too concerned over loosing. Even if I lose I bring to light some of the issues that have troubled Greensboro for the last 50 years-- issues Greensboro's "leaders" and economic development "gurus" have long wanted to remain hidden. Issues like a poverty rate of over 21%, the highest unemployment rate in North Carolina and being the center of the second hungriest metropolitan statistical area in the United States of America.

All issues brought about by the back room dealings of men like Rocco Scarfone and the Greensboro City Council who just Tuesday night voted to give $1.98 Million Dollars to developers to build a hotel Greensboro doesn't need.

One of the issues in the letter was with my post Rocco Scarfone Partners With Councilman Zack Matheny: Greensboro House Of Blues. Rocco's lawyers cite the following:

"(a) "Scarfone,... is said to be a former prize fighter who is said to have been banned from professional boxing for fixing fights and taking the fall as a young man in New Jersey with known connections to human trafficking and the importation of illegal aliens, has a history of covering up shootings at his clubs, and was involved in tax evasion in multiple states ..."

Interesting how they took my statement out of context. It actually reads:

"Scarfone, owner of Ham's Restaurants and other bars, restaurants and strip clubs, is said to be a former prize fighter who is said to have been banned from professional boxing for fixing fights and taking the fall as a young man in New Jersey with known connections to human trafficking and the importation of illegal aliens, has a history of covering up shootings at his clubs, and was involved in tax evasion in multiple states along with the infamous Greg Harrison."

You'll also note that it includes links to sources. Perhaps the lawyers at Rossabi, Black $ Slaughter don't know how to use the Internet? And

" (b) Rocco is and will always be a gangster."

Again, out of context. It reads:

Scarfone, also a former Chippendales dancer, was convicted by a grand jury for extortion and five counts of fraud in 1987. In other words, our Rocco is and will always be a gangster.

Are you sure these guys have law degrees? I mean, seriously folks, I've only got a fake high school diploma. They continue:

"(c) George Hartzman asks Councilman Zack Matheny if Matheny has a business relationship with the gangster, Rocco Scarfone."

Rocco's lawyers must not have read my blog because what it really says is:

Update: 2 At 2:10 in the video below, George Hartzman asks Councilman Zack Matheny if Matheny has a business relationship with the gangster, Rocco Scarfone? Councilman Matheny declined to answer. Check out the expression on Zack's face.


Yes, the video is from the Greensboro City Council meeting where George did ask if Rocco Scarfone has a business relationship with Greensboro City Councilman Zack Matheny. Zack will be easy to subpena.


Thanks to Bill O'Neil of WXII you can now view the letter that was sent to me.

Page 1:

Page 2: 

Tell me Rocco, what are you going to do with 6 hens and 1 rooster?

 Please continue reading I'm Being Sued By Rocco Scarfone: Part 4