Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I'm Being Sued By Rocco Scarfone: Part 9

On February 3, 2014 I was mailed a letter from attorneys, Rossabi, Black & Slaughter telling me I had recently published false and defamatory statements about Rocco Scarfone.  I was told I had 10 days to publish a retraction and an apology or "I will sue for, among other things defamation." I called Mr Scarfone's two-bit lawyers and said, "Sue me!"

Then I began my series,I'm Being Sued By Rocco Scarfone simply because I'm not one to be pushed around by mobsters. And also because I wrote what I wrote with intentions of trapping the moron into doing something stupid.

Remember years ago when Yes-Weekly published the first negative story about Rocco Scarfone and Rocco had his Jersey boys go out in the middle of the night and pick up every copy of Yes-Weekly they could find throughout the entire city? I bet Rocco hates the Internet.

In I'm Being Sued By Rocco Scarfone: Part 7 I made mention of the following quote from an anomoyous tipster:


"Don't mention my name but def look into the beating and death of the patron from Buckhead Saloon."

After I reported the incident at the Buckhead Saloon to Greensboro Police Chief Ken Miller he replied with the following e-mail:

"Thanks, Billy. We were never be to gather enough medical evidence to support charges in that case, as there was another situation the victim endured that may also gave contributed to his death. I appreciate the info though and will pass it to CID"

So there was a near death beating at the Buckhead Saloon. And the victim did die. Having witnessed some years back how Rocco's Jersey boys operated at Plum Crazys I wasn't at all surprised. I replied to the chief with questions:

"So Ken, then a beating involving excessive force did take place at the Buckhead Saloon-- correct?
Did Buckhead Saloon management call 911 to report the incident?
Have there been other such incidents at Buckhead Saloon or other establishments belonging to Rocco Scarfone or his associates?
Thanks -Billy"

A few hours later came Chief Miller's reply:

"What I am saying is that we are aware of that scenario."

That settles it in my mind, how 'bout yours?  That said, I suspect several others will now be making inquireys through Public Information Requests and various other investigative means. I could even tell you their names but I won't for now. Don't be too hard on Chief Miller, remember, this conversation took place days ago.

No matter how you cut it having a customer die after a confrontation with your club bouncers is not good business.  And why was the incident never reported by any Greensboro media? Which makes me wonder, Did Rocco Scarfone also own the Buckhead Saloon in Charlotte where 24 year old Kyle Fleischmann disappeared in 2007 never to be found again? As a matter of fact, the Buckhead Charlotte Myspace page bears the exact same bannana playing guitar logo as the Buckhead Saloon Greensboro website bears. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not...

I did a screen grabs of the Buckhead Charlotte Myspace page and the Buckhead Greensboro site just in-case Rocco gets any ideas about hiding the evidence. Click on the evidence to view full size.



I've said it before and I'm saying it again: It's high time for a grand jury investigation into the affairs of Rocco Scarfone, Amiel Rossabi. their business associates and present and former members of the Greensboro City Council. I hope you will join me in contacting the North Carolina Department of Justice and the United States Department of Justice so that we can bring an end to corruption at the highest levels of Greensboro government.

Please continue reading I'm Being Sued By Rocco Scarfone: Part 10