Monday, February 10, 2014

I'm Being Sued By Rocco Scarfone: Part 8

One incident after another gets reported in the local news but then it dies down and peoples' attentions soon focus on something else. That's how corruption lives and breeds in the modern world. But when one writer, journalist or blogger chronicles all of it in one place, men like Rocco Scarfone hire two-bit lawyers like Amiel Rossabi of Rossabi, Black & Slaughter to threaten said writer, journalist or blogger with "among other things defamation."

Most people back down as they've homes and property to lose and not enough money to fight legal battles that can drag on for years, even decades costing tens of thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands of dollars or more hinging on no more than a simple mistake. You see, if 99% of what I've written about Rocco Scarfone turns out to be true I can still be sued over that 1% that some anonymous witness who I'm protecting told me wrong. As writers, journalists and bloggers we must get it right 100% of the time or face the threat of loosing everything we spent our entire lives working to own.

How would you like to be held to such a standard?

But you see, the morons at  Rossabi, Black & Slaughter didn't do their homework. Due to health reasons I've already lost everything I own. I was plesantly surprised to discover when counting the money in my wallet this morning that I have $46 in actual liquid assets. Add 1 rooster and 6 laying hens and you've got the inventory of my worldly possessions. Everything else is borrowed from friends and family members.

And so begins my tale I'm Being Sued By Rocco Scarfone.Click on the link to start at the beginning and follow the links to the end.

I'm pushing 60 now but when I was 22 years old I met a beautiful young 19 year old blond who was the kept woman of a much older and married mob boss. I was a member of a local motorcycle gang, thought myself a bad ass (I wasn't) and I wanted her really bad. Bad enough in fact to take on the local mob boss to have her. Surprisingly he gave in without a fight and I moved in with her into the apartment he had been paying the rent on. Was he really scared of me and my little motorcycle gang? Hell no. He had the mob. He controlled the local drug trade. He had plenty of money, he could find lots of 19 year old girls. He was smart enough not to start a war he didn't need to fight. Smart enough to know how to remain profitable.

The beautiful 19 year old threw me out of the apartment me as soon as she was free of the mob boss. As singer-songwriter John Hiatt sang:

"I'm just so easily lead when the little head does the thinkin' "



Rocco Scarfone and Amiel Rossabi obviously aren't as smart as the previous generation of Greensboro mob bosses and their two-bit lawyers. And they never will be. What was once a blog read by the same few people every day, day in and day out, is now being read by thousands. As Buggs Bunny famously said,

"What a maroon!"

Among others discussed in previous posts, the letter I got in the mail from Rossabi, Black & Slaughter cited my post Rocky Scarfone, More Failed Greensboro Leadership.Specifically the following phrases:

"(a) Several of my biker friends there who grew up with Scarfone in New Jersey told me of his underworld connections and promptly left Greensboro for fear of their lives."

You'll notice they left out the next line:

"Being the freaking suicidal type I'll go to my grave before I name names or say where they went."

That should have told them they were in for the ride of their life right there. Also of note: the same pills that keep me from becoming suicidal also prevent me from becoming a homicidal maniac. PDSD really messes with one's head. But it's okay, as long as nobody messes with me I'll stay on my meds.

The letter continued:

"(b) There's been a Mafia presence in Greensboro for over 50 years but until Rocky came to town they let the biker[s] be."

Notice they left out:

"After getting his ass kicked in the biker bar, Scarfone decided it might be safer and more profitable to cater to the younger crowds who frequent downtown establishments. After all, "Greensboro's leaders" and downtown developers were willing to jump in bed with anyone and kids pumped up on the latest date rape drugs are easy to control when compared to grown men with combat experience. As "city leaders" were touting Scarfone as the best thing since sliced bread I mentioned Scarfone's underworld connections in a blog thread at Yes-Weekly. "

Actually they mentioned part of that:

"(c)  I mentioned Scarfone's underworld connections in a blog thread at Yes-Weekly. "

Interesting how they take things out of context, isn't it? The letter signed by Amiel Rossabi continues:

"(d) "A simple search for rocky scarfone greensboro will tell you all kinds of things you may or may not know about the man a simple background check could have warned "Greensboro leaders" about long before he tried to cover up shootings in his night clubs, drug dealings and other crimes against the citizens of Greensboro."

What's to argue with, clicking on the link and scrolling through the results proves me correct. You see, for them it's not so much about what is or isn't true, it's about negative publicity. Well guess what Rocco, you've got it, bring on the law suit you, Pussy! And finally:

"(e) Nor do I eat at Hams or any other establishment I know to be owned by Rocky Scarfone. I don't knowingly spend my money with mobsters."

Again, out of context and it's true, I don't do business with any establishment in which Scarfone is involved. The full quote:


"Full disclosure: I helped install the stone counter-tops in Plum Crazys shortly after Rocky bought the place and haven't returned since. Nor do I eat at Hams or any other establishment I know to be owned by Rocky Scarfone. I don't knowingly spend my money with mobsters."

Folks, this is as much an indictment of Greensboro's failed leadership as it is Amiel Rossabi and Rocco Scarfone. Over the course of the last decade myself and the rest of Greensboro's bloggers all found on sites like Greensboro101.com have pointed out this corruption time and again only to be ignored by a bought and paid for mainstream media while Greensboro's "leaders" do backroom deals with mobsters and real estate developers on the take. Thank you Amiel and Rocco for pushing this into the light-- something tells me Robbie Perkins and Zack Matheny are hiding under tables just about now.

And I hope you'll join me in boycotting any and all businesses owned by Rocco Scarfone and his associates beginning with Hams Restaurants. Let's put the bastards out of business once and for all. Only by getting in their pockets can we stem the tide of corruption that is destroying Greensboro from the inside out.

Please continue reading I'm Being Sued By Rocco Scarfone: Part 9