Saturday, November 17, 2012

Nancy Hoffman, Not Guilty?

Previously I wrote of Council member Nancy Hoffman's failure to recuse herself on a vote pertaining to the Greensboro Performing Arts Center whereby the building of GPAC stands to increase the value of Ms Hoffman's property. According to this weeks's IFYI from the City of Greensboro, Council Woman Nancy Hoffman has no conflicts of interest concerning GPAC or DGI. I think most voters will beg to differ.

By the way, the IFYI did not address the fact that Ms Hoffman did not disclose the fact that she owns property in downtown Greensboro before she voted, another of the points I raised that folks like Ed Cone, defender of Greensboro's status-quo is more than happy to cover up again and again.

Like I've asked before, is a press release a legal substitute for a disclosure form, which media outlets received that press release and which media outlets ran that press release?

I asked that question of the Greensboro City Manager, several members of City Council, the News & Record and the Rhino Times and all have refused to reply. Sorry, Ms Turner Roth, your bosses set you up for that one, it was out of my hands.

Why is it that Ed Cone and the powers that be only selectively answer my questions when "debunking" what I write? Want a new can of worms opened up? Try me. I've got acres of worms hidden away just waiting to get out and more get delivered every day.

This will no doubt be remembered as one of the saddest periods in Greensboro history when crooked politicians are given free passes as developers line up to line their pockets from the public wells. If there ever was time for a revolution it is now. Democrats, Republicans, Liberals, Conservatives, C4GC, Occupy Greensboro, even those of you in the middle, it's time we put our differences aside as we have a common enemy that threatens us all. And that enemy is corruption.

There will be plenty of time for political infighting in the centuries ahead.

And no, it's not just about bitching, moaning and complaining. It's about building as well. It's about building what Greensboro's "leaders" are afraid to build because these things would give the power to the working class and take it away from Greensboro's elite. It's about:
Microloans For Economic Development
Neighborhood Gardens
Giving Voice To Our Youth
Not Letting Our Loved Ones Be Forgotten More on that later.
Ethics
Education You'll really want to click on that link, I promise.
Responsability
Ending Institutional Racism and Classism
Industry
Economic Recovery Part 1 and Part 2. I presented this plan to the Greensboro City Council at the East Greensboro Summit. The Council agreed it was a great idea in front of the entire audience there but have done nothing. Why? Because my plan empowers the working class and not Greensboro's elite.
The End of Band-aids
Safe housing
An end to Developer drugs. Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Safer shopping centers
Addressing the looming worldwide shortage of edible fish and using it to put Greensboro to work.
Jobs for trolls
Reducing the cost of gasoline
Fixing the flats
Solve the problem of gun violence in downtown clubs
Stop learning the hard way
Simple solutions to homelessness
Rebuilding Greensboro's economy
Seeing past the tall buildings
Easy to grow anywhere cash crops with huge demand!
A safer city
The Greensboro Car
Bonds for business other than development

There's more, but I don't feel like hunting them down right now. But let me ask you this? Ed Cone and I have both been writing online for about the same length of time and can any of you remember when Ed presented a single idea of his own to help solve any of Greensboro's woes? Neither can I. All that money and education wasted on nothing more than a talking parrot. Sad, isn't it?

It can be like this forever. Your call, Greensboro City Council, work with me or fight me. You can start now while that meter at the top left is reading just over 33,000 (12,000 in the last 30 days) or you can wait until it reads 300,000 or more by November of 2013. Just remember, this is me and I've come back from the grave. Cut off my hands and you'll live to regret it. I am perfectly capable of building or destroying-- it's up to Council to decide which I will do.

Join our Facebook group at Real Progress For Greensboro where we'll either solve Greensboro's problems or destroy the Greensboro City Council-- whichever comes first...